- Ron tells me all the time to stop questioning why and just do the thing in my heart. This thing in my heart is for my fellow Christian entrepreneurs.
So here I am …… again. :0)
Something jumped out at me while studying. It was a checklist.
I do love a good checklist. Don’t you?
Especially when it’s provided in scripture.
Psalms Chapter 27, is a message of
- personal relationship
- His protection
- belonging and
These are all the things entrepreneurs crave (at least me and others I know). We just jump out in all of our bravery and courage and start businesses.
- We risk.
- We work.
- We pour into our businesses.
So for me, when a scripture resonates in my entrepreneurial heart, I want to share it with my friends.
Psalms 24:17 rang loudly in my heart……
“Here’s what I’ve learned through it all: Don’t give up; don’t be impatient; be entwined as one with the Lord. Be brave and courageous, and never lose hope. Yes, keep on waiting—for he will never disappoint you!”
The Passion Translation
Verse 14 is a checklist of what David learned through all of his trials.
- Don’t Give Up – how many times have things gotten difficult and we just want to throw in the towel?
- Don’t be impatient – Oh my word! This is ME 100%. I want my consistency and work of a few weeks to result in huge results. It just doesn’t work that way. It’s all in His timing and His plan.
- Be entwined as one with the Lord – Chase his purpose and will for your life and find a time every day to get still and ask if you’re on the right track and for a plan for the day. By the way, what I just wrote was an instruction to myself. If it works for you, have at it.
- Be brave – Yep, being a Christian in the business world means being brave every day. Every. Single. Day. (Definition: The ability to confront pain, danger, or attempts of intimidation without any feeling of fear.)
- Be Courageous – Whew! Just being an entrepreneur means I have to live with the presence of fear. I have to ask for God’s love to be so strong in my life that it overtakes the fear so I can follow His plan and purpose for my business. (Definition: The ability to undertake an overwhelming difficulty or pain despite the eminent and unavoidable presence of fear.)
- Never lose hope. – This is where we all have to fall back and seek God. The world loves to remove hope and instill fear. This is NOT God’s way!
- Keep on waiting – for He will never disappoint you!– Trust…this is what we have to have. We have to trust that the waiting is worth it and that He truly will NOT disappoint us.
As I follow the leading to reach out to my fellow Christian entrepreneurs, I hope something in this little email finds its way to your heart and helps you. I’ve written before that God can’t turn a parked car. So, we have to be going in a forward direction. I just hope that your forward direction is based on chasing peace and fully understanding that God wantsHIS plan and purpose for your life, more than you do.
PS: If you know anyone who wants to receive my blog, here’s the link -> Sign Up for Jennifer’s Blog Here